Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hello from Spain

May 26, 2015
Hello wonderful family! 

Know that I am safe, and besides some confusing turnarounds in the airport all went well. I am supposed to let you know that my next P day when I can write you is next Thursdayhey I get today. So to me it still feels like this morning that we said goodbye, but I guess it has been a whole day for each of you. 
 not this one... so that's kinda awful, but 

Weird how time works and stuff... where to begin, I met up with my lovely sisters at the gate and we kept each other from crying too much and then began the longest day of flying in the world. But can I say I was traveling with the most amazing people. Elder Merrill being one of them, was so awesome he already handed out a copy of the Book of Mormon! He reminded me that our entire purpose is to be bold, friendly and caring. Also, sister Eyring my roommate is the granddaughter of you know... President Erying nbd. 

Spain is awesome. Really.. very very hot, but I have been here at the CCM for like 10 min and have already been able to speak Spanish tons and translate for people. 

I am so glad that Clara is taking good care of killer [my gold fish] and I hope she loves him so much. I hope all is well with each of you, and I cannot wait to hear from you guys. I have realized I am so lucky to have a family that makes goodbye hard to say. 

It seems strange and hard to believe that I am really here and about to have this amazing experience. I really am going to give my all to this and make all of you proud. I am so sorry if I am being super rambeling right now. Let me see if I can remeber and stories from flying... Well the plane to Frankfurt was the biggest plane I have ever seen in my life. It was one of those double decker ones, and I am afraid we caused quite a commotion as we tried to figure out where we were going. Throughout the flight we all knew we should sleep but the 6 of us just went on walks together to try and not die. 

In Germany I got my passport stamped and there was this cranky old man who started giving me a hard time and Elder Merrill jumped right in and started talking to him - asking about him. Crazy how people soften up when they know you a little better, I will need to remember that one;) 

I am not sure what to expect for the next couple of days but I am so excited to be able to sleep in a BED. Airplanes are hard to sleep in. I just found out that Hermana Brown and I will be in classes together which makes me so excited because she is AWESOME. There are 6 of us in a room so it will just be a party. Not tonight because we are all going to die... Anyway Mom I hope you can make this sound better before you put it online because I know its a jumbled mess.. but I have not slept since I saw you last, so cut me some slack;) 

Mom I want you to know I love you so so much and I will miss you and everyone else a ton. But I know I am here for a good reason and I will learn all I can while I am here to serve God the best I can. I set my mission goals on the plane ride over here and I will do my best to live up to them. Anyway I am out of time.. 

LOVE YOU! 
Hermana Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment