Saturday, September 3, 2016

3 exchanges and 2 tired Hermanas

August 15, 2016
Dear family,


My goodness what a crazy, crazy week! I seriously don't even know where to begin. Maybe with Monday - that seems like a good place to start.
Monday was Mary's birthday! We went over right as p day started to heart attack her. She caught us, but it worked out fine.  She told us that all day the neighbors stopped by to wish her a happy birthday because of the hearts on her door. We brought her a present later and had birthday smoothies.

Tuesday, we had district meeting. It was awesome!  I seriously have the best district.  Elder Adcock gave a taller (lesson) and he started by talking about dogs -  specifically, depressed dogs. We were all so confused and thought he was kidding. But then he talked about how if dogs like German shepherds, who are meant to work, don't have work they can get depressed.  The way you solve that is by giving them a load. Well he said we are the same. As missionaries we have a load and if we take anything out of it we are only selling ourselves short because we aren't working to our full potential. It was funny but really good lesson about diligence.

That night we had intercambios with Hermana Spangler and Hermana Bailey. Oh my goodness!  They are both so cute and want to work so hard!  I was with Hermana Spangler.  We went and visited Marco and his family. They love Americans and literally are the cutest Spanish family. They have a little girl who is 15 months old. Hermana Spangler leaned over to me during the lesson and told me that was my mission in child form. It was so funny.


The next morning I was with Hermana Bailey. I was able to share with her some of the things that McKay shared with me at the beginning of my mission. It was such a good reminder for me. These new missionaries come in with so much faith and so much animo. It makes me want to work harder. 

Then we went with M to V's house. He fed us stuffed squid! It was super fun. That night Hermana Whaley and I got to teach J. He is awesome!  He showed us his garden and gave us some tomatoes.

On Thursday we visited a lot of members. They all just invited us over because they love the Hermanas. Most of them knew Hermana Rocha and so they wanted to talk to me about her it was so fun!  I love these awesome members.

Then on Friday, we went to Malaga to do intercambios. It was super fun! I loved being with Hermana Clark - she is seriously the best. That night around 12 we woke up to fireworks so Hermana Clark and I ran to the windows and watched the fireworks. Happy feria(fair) in Malaga!  The next morning we got on the train to go home, but quick change of plans! We didn't go home - we went to Cadiz to do intercambios with the Hermana Kealm and Pizzaro. It was super fun. Seriously one of my favorite moments of the mission has been sitting down with Hermanas and helping them with the mission.

Sunday was awesome and normal.

Sorry for the scattered memories. I love you all so much!

Hermana Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment